HIFI Data Processing Information
Updates to the HIFI HIPE pipeline
The following lists the major changes in the HIFI pipelines
associated with each public user release of HIPE.
- HIPE 3.0
- Improved velocity calibration (systematic offset [~2km/s] due to incorrect reference position removed)
- HIPE 4.0 (see also the What's new)
- Separate pointing information for H and V polarizations available through reprocessing (see note above).
- HIPE 5.0 (see also the What's new)
- Separate pointing information for H and V polarizations now applied by default in pipeline
- Aperture efficiencies, Beam efficiencies and beam widths included in calibration tree. The output of the pipeline is now TA*, rather than TA‘
- Forward efficiency of 0.96 now included in the calibration tree (its value was 1 before). Since a division by Feff is applied at the end of the level2, the overall intensity scale will be changed accordingly.
- HIPE 6.0 (see also the What's new)
- HIPE 7.0 (see also the What's new)
HIFI data processing documentation is predominantly available from within the HIPE data processing software. More specialist issues, such as deconvolution and standing wave removal (fringe fitter) are also discussed here.
HIFI Data Processing Interest Groups
The following interest groups relate to processing of observations taken with HIFI. The links provided allow subscription to these interest groups.
- subscribe to PACS, SPIRE and HIFI spectral maps interest group
- subscribe to HIFI point source and spectral scan interest group
- 08 Jun 2011