Community Release Note for SPIRE Calibration 7_0
The SPIRE calibration tree "spire_cal_7_0" was released in May 2011 to be compatible with HIPE v7.0.
Impact of the changes compared to the previous release (6_1)
- The change to the PhotFluxConv product has no impact on the data - the change is to a control stamp that is checked and triggers warning messages. The warning messages will no longer be generated, but data will not change.
- The updated TempDriftCorr product allows a new algorithm in the Signal Jump Detector module to be used (nominal mode only).
- The non-linearity and temperature drift calibration product update has a very small effect on the final spectra (change of 0.5% for SLW band). The nonLinCorr update should also fix QC problems for SLWD2.
- The beamParam changes only affect interactive analysis.
Differences in individual products compared to the previous release
For detailed information about each product, see http://herschel.esac.esa.int/twiki/bin/view/Public/SpireCalibrationProducts.
- SCalPhotFluxConv: Correction to respControlStamp. No change to numbers.
- SCalPhotTempDriftCorr: Add metadata to nominal file to enable new Jump Detection Task algorithm.
Release Date: May 2011 (coinciding with the public release of HIPE v7.0)
- SCalSpecBolPar: Bolometer Model Parameters updated using inflight data
- SCalSpecNonLinCorr: Updated using new model parameters
- SCalSpecTempDriftCorr: Updated using new model parameters
- SCalSpecInstRsrf: Updated using new nonLinCorr and tempDriftCorr.
- SCalSpecTeleRsrf: Updated using new nonLinCorr and tempDriftCorr.
- SCalSpecBeamParam: Updated using new nonLinCorr and tempDriftCorr + corrected RSRF and beam diameter