Community Release Note for SPIRE Calibration 6_0
The SPIRE calibration tree "spire_cal_6_0" was released in February 2011 to be compatible with HIPE v6.0.
Note that this calibration tree was a "pre-release" tree and was corrected in 6_1.
Impact of the changes compared to the previous release (5_2)
- Note that the updated files need to be used with the software from v6 (as a new product has been added)
- The main reason for the current update is to match changes to the pipeline tasks and structure in v6:
- Improved phase correction module in the pipeline no longer requires a calibration file. The final correction should be better using the new method.
- Rsrfs and beamParam updated to follow the new v6 pipeline scheme and use improved phase correction - should be improvement in shape of final spectra.
- BeamParam file modified to improve information for IA - updated beamAreas and added point source RSRF - this should have no effect on the SPG pipeline.
- OpdLimits added to clean up the pipeline script - should be no effect on data.
Differences in individual products compared to the previous release
For detailed information about each product, see http://herschel.esac.esa.int/twiki/bin/view/Public/SpireCalibrationProducts.
Release Date: February 2011
- SCalSpecOpdLimits: created to contain interferogram limits
- SCalSpecTeleRsrf: updated with v6 (improved) processing. Now from one 110 rep. observation, 0x50007F42 (previously was from average of many darks) + corrected apodName keyword
- SCalSpecInstRsrf: updated with v6 (improved) process + corrected apodName keyword
- SCalSpecBeamParam: updated with v6 processing, better beamArea, new columns with point-source RSRF + corrected apodName keyword
- SCalSpecNonLinPhase: removed (no longer used in pipeline)