Community Release Note for SPIRE Calibration 5_0
The SPIRE calibration tree "spire_cal_5_0" was released in November 2010 to be compatible with HIPE v5.0.
Note that this calibration tree was added to in 5_1 and corrected in 5_2.
Impact of the changes compared to the previous release (4_0)
- Photometer flux calibration moved from Ceres based numbers to Neptune based numbers. Flux accuracy improved. Also some extra factors are now included in the calibration, changing how fluxes must be derived from maps slightly - an update to the SPIRE Observers Manual with details will follow.
- Note that the updated files need to be used in conjunction with the pipeline and software changes in v5.
- Small change to NonLinearity file will result in fewer QC flags being set
- NonLinearity and TempDrift file update for Bright source mode to use correct bias voltage - this is a first step towards calibration of bright mode data
- Updates to flux calibration products (TeleRsrf, BeamParam, InstRsrf) to be compatible with new pipeline scheme (subtraction of reference in spectral domain) - also to improve S/N in calibration by using more dark sky observations to derive the telescope calibration and longer Uranus observation to derive BeamParam.
- New NonLinPhase calibration product improves phase correction
Differences in individual products compared to the previous release
For detailed information about each product, see http://herschel.esac.esa.int/twiki/bin/view/Public/SpireCalibrationProducts.
- SCalPhotFluxConv: measured numbers based on Neptune
- SCalPhotTempDriftCorr: update to match new flux conversion
Release Date: November 2010 (coinciding with the public release of HIPE v5.0)
- SCalSpecNonLinCorr (nominal): small tweak for QC
- SCalSpecNonLinCorr (bright): better parameters
- SCalSpecTempDriftCorr (bright): better parameters
- SCalSpecTeleRsrf: remove SCalSpecFluxConv and add SCalSpecTeleRsrf
- SCalSpecInstRsrf: add instrument RSRF
- SCalSpecBeamParam: update with longer Uranus observation + correct units
- SCalSpecNonLinPhase: remove SCalSpecNlp and replace with SCalSpecNonLinPhase
- SCalSpecInterRef: remove SpecInterRef products for v5