Community Release Note for SPIRE Calibration 1_2
The SPIRE calibration tree "spire_cal_1_2" was released in October 2009 to be compatible with HIPE v1.1 and v1.2.
Note that this calibration tree was an update to the 1_1 tree.
Impact of the changes compared to the previous release (1_1)
- improvement in Photometer absolute flux calibration
- improvement in Photometer maps due to improved relative detector positions
- jiggle positions correctly identified in photometer jiggle maps
- flagging of one additional photometer channel as slow, and one intermittant channel as dead
- inclusion of more photometer channels in maps (channels that were unusable in ground tests had no time constant values and so were excluded before)
- better spectrometer ZPD and time constants allows a better phase correction
Differences in individual products compared to the previous release
For detailed information about each product, see http://herschel.esac.esa.int/twiki/bin/view/Public/SpireCalibrationProducts.
- SCalPhotBsmOps: use jiggle positions used inflight + update tolerances
- SCalPhotChanTimeConst: replace NaN with median value (other values from BODAC)
- SCalPhotDetAngOff: inflight numbers from fine scan analysis
- SCalPhotChanMask: update for flight
- SCalPhotFluxConv: Nanyao v2.1 (includes updated V0, flat field params and scaling factors of 1.27, 0.82 and 1.37)
- SCalPhotTempDriftCorr: Kevin v2.1 (+ earlier fix to A and B parameters)
Release Date: October 2009
- SCalSpecTempDriftCorr: fix error in A and B parameters
- SCalSpecBsmOps: update to actual jiggle positions + update tolerances
- SCalSpecChanTimeConst: update with flight numbers
- SCalSpecBandEdge: first guess astronomer values
- SCalSpecSmecZpd: update with flight numbers