Community Release Note for SPIRE Calibration 14_3
The SPIRE calibration tree "spire_cal_14_3" was released in March 2016 to be compatible with HIPE v14.1.
Impact of the changes compared to the previous major release (13_1)
- Beam profile normalisation and consistency issues fixed. All calibration files related with the beams were updated.
- Useful beam parameters (FWHM, PA, ellipticity) are added in the metadata of the beam profiles.
- Update calibration files to include aperture efficiency in beam area calculations.
- Extended source calibrated maps will change by a few percents due to the different beam areas.
- Empirical correction for low resolution spectra, improving the spectral shape in SLW.
- Empirical optical path difference (OPD) correction, improving the asymmetry of the instrumental line shape.
- Correction for the extended source calibration.
- Bright mode gains were updated, in order to be consistent with the non-linearity correction introduced in spire_cal_12_3.
Differences in individual products compared to the previous release
For detailed information about each product, see http://herschel.esac.esa.int/twiki/bin/view/Public/SpireCalibrationProducts.
- SCalPhotBeamProf: Updated to match new beams, added new metadata parameters
- SCalPhotColorCorrAperture: Updated to match new beams
- SCalPhotRadialCorrBeam: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotColorCorrBeam: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotColorCorrK: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotFluxConv: Update metadata only
- SCalPhotColorCorrHfi: Update to match new beams
Release Date: March 2016 (for the release of HIPE v14.1)
- SCalSpecLrCorr: New calibration product for LR observations
- SCalSpecOpdCorr: New calibration product for OPD correction
- SCalSpecExtCorr: New calibration product with the correction for extended calibrated spectra
- SCalSpecBrightGain: Updated calibration product with the correct gains for the bright source mode