Community Release Note for SPIRE Calibration 13_1
The SPIRE calibration tree "spire_cal_13_1" was released in December 2014 to be compatible with HIPE v13.0.
Note that this calibration tree corrects problems found in the "pre-release" tree, 13_0.
Impact of the changes compared to the previous release (12_3)
- The beam profile maps are improved using the shadow observations of Neptune (i.e. better characterising and removing the background).
- The corresponding beam areas given in the metadata of the beam products are updated accordingly.
- The radial beam calibration product has been updated to match the new beams.
- All the colour correction products have been updated following the beam updates.
- In order to improve the operation of the source extractors, the beam profiles are adjusted to be relevant for a 1 Jy source - previously the peak of the profile was fixed to 1 Jy, but the new profiles integrate to 1 Jy. In addition, the map consists of an odd number of pixels so that the beam centre is precisely at the centre of the central pixel.
- A new "fine" beam map is provided for each band with 1" pixels. The "nominal" maps are also available with pixel sizes of 6", 10" and 14" for PSW, PMW and PLW.
- The K4 parameters in the Flux Conversion product metadata are updated (very small change to K4E)
- The Planck HFI colour correction table has been updated following the beam updates (very small change).
- The parameters in the temperature drift calibration product that are used to perform cooler burp correction have been updated to improve the correction.
- The non-linearity product has been updated to better fit observations made with low subktemp at the beginning of each pair of FTS observing days (i.e. the observations following the cooler recycle). This results in a much improved SLWC3 spectral shape.
- The other RSRF, telescope model and flux conversion products were updated following the non-linearity update.
- The PhaseCorrLim product was updated to correct the metadata - no effect on the data.
- The TempDriftCorr product has been removed as it is not used by the pipeline.
Differences in individual products compared to the previous release
For detailed information about each product, see http://herschel.esac.esa.int/twiki/bin/view/Public/SpireCalibrationProducts.
- SCalPhotBeamProf: Update to dependency (mapSampling = "nominal" or "fine"). New "fine" products have 1" pixels. All maps now for 1 Jy source. Beam areas updated in the metadata.
- SCalPhotTempDriftCorr: Updated cooler burp parameters in the metadata of the table for each array (burpCorrParmPSW etc.)
- SCalPhotRadialCorrBeam: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotColorCorrBeam: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotColorCorrK: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotFluxConv: Update to match new beams (only change is to K4 parameters in the metadata)
- SCalPhotColorCorrHfi: Update to match new beams
- SCalPhotColorCorrAperture: Update to match new beams
Release Date: December 2014 (for the release of HIPE v13.0)
- SCalSpecNonLinCorr: Update to nominal parameters
- SCalSpecInstRsrf: Update following non-linearity parameter changes
- SCalSpecTeleModel: Update following non-linearity parameter changes
- SCalSpecTeleRsrf: Update following non-linearity parameter changes
- SCalSpecBeamParam: Update following non-linearity parameter changes
- SCalSpecPhaseCorrLim: Correction to metadata - no change to other contents
- SCalTempDriftCorr: Removed from tree